7 Tips to Keep Your Mani on Longer this Summer
• Use a nail cleanser to remove all dirt and oils from the nails before applying a base coat.
• Go for a sticky base coat to ensure the polish will adhere to the nails. – apply 2 coats.
• Roll, instead of shaking your nail polish. Shaking it can create air bubbles within the polish causing it to apply unevenly, in turn raising the possibility of early chipping.
• While painting your nails, don’t forget to paint the free edge. Doing this seals the polish on the entire nail, making it less likely to chip at the tips.
• Wait until polish is completely dry before applying a top coat.
• Re-apply your top coat every 2 to 3 days to revive shine and prevent chipping.
• Apply cuticle oil to keep nails and cuticles well hydrated! (Especially if you’re spending time at the pool or beach)